May 14, 2023
The health benefits of using the sauna regularly have long been believed by people in Finland . Many use the sauna daily as a part of their everyday life. They feel better and live happier and longer lives.
Until the last decade or so the research on sauna bathing has been limited to studies with small subject sizes. Recently some larger, more in depth, studies have been done that point to real benefits of using the sauna on a regular basis. Sauna Benefits include:
- Improved cardiovascular health.
- Reduced risk of dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
- Improvements in pain and range of motion in people with rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.
- Decreased chronic pain for people with conditions like fibromyalgia and low back pain.
- Improvement in depression symptoms.
- Reduced risk of developing psychosis
- Improved skin health.
- Weight loss.
- Relaxation and stress relief.
We explore these sauna benefits.
NOTE Sauna use is not without risks. It's important to talk to your doctor before using a sauna.
Sauna bathing studies:
- Sauna bathing is associated with reduced cardiovascular mortality and improves risk prediction in men and women: a prospective cohort study
- Altered brown fat thermoregulation and enhanced cold-induced thermogenesis in young, healthy, winter-swimming men”
- Endocrine Effects of Repeated Hot Thermal Stress and Cold Water Immersion in Young Adult Men
- Clinical Effects of Regular Dry Sauna Bathing: A Systematic Review
- Efficacy of Regular Sauna Bathing for Chronic Tension-Type Headache: A Randomized Controlled Study
CONNECT WITH US
OTHER GREAT PODCASTS ON THE THE BEST PODCASTS NETWORK
podcast for entrepreneurs...